I always take some time before the end of the year to reflect upon what I did this last year. Check off the things I accomplished and take stock of the things that I did right and wrong so next year can be a better one. I was sifting through old notes and I wrote down on a Post-it – Don’t Bail. I remember quickly transcribing these words as I was watching Randy Pausch’s talk. Among the other points he made that specific one struck a cord inside of me. He was so thankful about life even as he nears the end of his life. I think it’s good to be able to be moved, and be influenced in life. I tell myself that if I’m not growing and changing all the time, then I am are by all means standing still. I find these words moving still as I rewatched parts of it today. If you haven’t seen the talk I would highly recommend it to anyone. Watch for the head fake at the end.
The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch.
- Don’t bail, the best gold is at the bottom of the barrels of crap.
- Feed back loop + listen to it. listen to feed back and have gratitude.
- Show gratitude.
- Don’t complain, work harder.
- Work hard.
- No one is all evil – find the best in everybody.
- Be prepared – luck is where preparation meets opportunity
- How to lead your life…
- Lead your life the right way. the karma will take care of it self. the dreams will come to you.
- Never give up… there’s always another way around. if it’s not this road… there are other roads to find… you just need to want it bad enough. be daring there are doors that you might not even know existed. ask questions!
- Be good at something, it makes you valuable.